This dish for ricotta and tomato lovers combines my favorite flavors of summer with beautiful wakame from our Sea Pantry. I love using a whole sheep’s milk ricotta that is rich and full of flavor, like Bellwether Farms’ ricotta. The strips of Ocean’s Balance Wakame Seaweed integrated into this dip also really make it shine!
Makes 1 and ¼ cups
- 8 slices of artisanal bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 12 ounces sheep’s milk or whole cow’s milk ricotta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon wakame seaweed, rehydrated and sliced
- Greens to line the serving dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Brush the bread with olive oil, season with salt, and bake until crispy – about 8 minutes. As soon as the toasts come out of the oven, rub each one with the garlic clove and set aside.
- Just before you are ready to serve, preheat a small skillet to medium high heat. Add the olive oil and the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and blistered, about five minutes, tossing frequently.
- Meanwhile, place the ricotta on a serving dish over the greens, leaving enough room to place the toasts on the side. Pour the warm tomato mixture over the ricotta and top with the balsamic vinegar, then the wakame and basil strips.
- Place the bread on the dish and serve!