Consultant, Speaker, Strategist
I bring with me an entire bag of experience that helps me to develop the tools that it takes to bring an aquaculture company to market in a successful way.
I have worked with brands including Kvarøy Salmon (see case study), Pacifico Striped Bass, Riverence Trout, Rainforest Tilapia, Blue Ocean Mariculture Kanpachi, Fair Trade U.S.A. Fish and Seafood, Pacific Catch Restaurant Group, Kauai Shrimp, and Verlasso Salmon. Along the way, I have developed a strong relationship with the sustainable food community, creating relationships between the aquaculture community and with NGOs, such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program. In 2014 alone, I made more than 75 television appearances, reaching 189 markets and nearly 40 million viewers. I authored the best-selling Kitchen Coach cookbook series, Come See Sparks Fly, and Sea Change cookbooks.
I have been recognized numerous times by the James Beard Foundation and the International Association of Culinary Professionals as one of our nation’s top culinary consultants, communicators, and teachers.
People don’t buy, what you do; they buy why you do it.
And what you do simply proves what you believe.
CHARITY & ADVISORY BOARDS
I am dedicated to philanthropic causes across the United States. I continue to lend my name, likeness, and time to raise millions of dollars. In addition to the board positions, I have played a significant part in the planning and execution of fundraising events. These events, ranging from eight people to 800, have contributed significantly to the charities listed below. In addition, many of these organizations have utilized my media talents as their spokesperson.
The following is a list of organizations that I have been a part of in the past and present:
See all Boards
- Investment in Aquaculture
Development of Broader Channels
Mentorship in Aquaculture
- 2010 – Whittemore Peterson Institute-Gala Chairperson -“I Hope You Dance”
- 2009-2011 – University of Nevada Athletics Scholarships Gala Chairperson – Blue Tie Ball
- 2004-Present – Junior League of Reno, NV Community Board Member
- 2006-2010 – Nevada Discovery Museum-Community Advisory Board Member
- 2006-2008 – Big Brothers Big Sisters – Designer Show Case Gala Chair
- 2010 – Juvenile Diabetes Foundation of Northern Nevada
- 2008-2009 – Brianna Denison Foundation – Advisory Board and Media Chair
- 2009-2011- Nevada Museum of Art – Fundraising Development Board Member
- 2009-2010 – Tune into Kids Advisory Board Member
- 2008-2010 – Reno Gazette Journal Foundation – Vintage Nevada
- 2004-2006 – Lili Claire Foundation – Dinner Sponsor and Host
- 2005-2010 – Go Red for Women – Gala Committee
- 2004-2008 – YMCA of the Sierras Board Member
- 2005-2006 – Nevada Discovery Museum – Board Member
- 2002-2005 – American Heart Association – National Culinary Spokesperson
- 2001-2002 – Habitat for Humanity – Board Member
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
I am deeply honored by the awards and accolades that I have received for my work over the last decade. I am sincerely grateful to those individuals and organizations that recognized my work and vision.
See all Awards
2019 – Heritage Radio Network’s Hall of Fame
2009 – Outstanding Victims Advocate Award Nominee -Brianna Denison Foundation
2008 – Big Brothers Big Sisters – Outstanding Community Service Award
2004 – Philanthropist of the Year – YMCA of Northern Nevada
2002 – Julia Child/IACP Award Nominee -“Cooking School Teacher of the Year”
2001 – Julia Child IACP Award Nominee -“Cooking School of the Year”
2000 – James Beard Viking Award Nominee -“Best Food Segment on a Non-Food Show”
1999 – Julia Child/IACP Award Nominee -“Best In Media”
PRESS & NEWS SEGMENTS
I have created and participated in numerous national programs, publications, webinars, and podcasts in an effort to champion the water farmer and to spread the word about sustainable aquaculture.
See all Press
National Television Appearances
NBC’s Today Show – Weeknight Meals
NBC’s Today Show – Valentine’s Day for Couples
Fox News Live with Mike and Juliette
Life and Style with Kimora Lee Simmons
At Home Live with Chuck and Jenny – Family Net Broadcasting
E ! News Live
The Nancy Grace Show
The Daily Grind
CBS This Morning
Syndicated Broadcasts Inserts From 1998 – 2006
Jennifer’s weekly cooking news insert “Nothing to It!” was the second highest viewed segment in the country, airing in five Western states and boasting more than 1 million TV households tuning in.
Syndicated Gannet Web segments – Launched July 15, 2008
Comstock’s Business Magazine
Cooking Light Magazine
Women’s Day Magazine
Nevada Family Magazine
Clever Magazine – Monthly Columnist
Long Beach, California Press Telegram
The Salt Lake Tribune
Reno Gazette Journal and most Gannett-owned Newspapers
Television and Web Programming
Syndicated Web Series Gannett
Bi-Monthly Segments on KTVN
Podcasts and Webinars
The James Beard Foundation